We asked the awesome Ben Hardman to give us a list of things he found himself saying to students in college-age ministries. Students of all ages could learn a lot from these as well!
1) – You don’t know nearly as much as you think you know. Be teachable!
2) – Stop consuming from the church & start being the church. Be a contributor!
3) – You have an enormous amount of influence right now. Use it. Be a leader!
4) – You don’t need to study on the minor prophets or some obscure passages of scripture you need to apply the ones you know. Be a learner!
5) – Be generous: Start giving now of your time & money. It makes it easier when you get older. Be a giver!
6) – Stop chasing what’s cool in the church & start chasing Jesus. Don’t worship the tools / worship the savior. Be a worshiper!
7) – Dream God-sized dreams. If your biggest dreams can be accomplished without God, they aren’t big enough. Be apostolic!
8) – Dream God dreams not you dreams. If, in your biggest dreams, you get the glory -that dream isn’t from God. Be humble!
9) – Find someone who looks like Jesus to you & ask them to disciple you. Be a disciple!
10) – Don’t waste the next four years of your life. You may be standing on the largest missions field you will ever stand on. Be a missionary!